Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Eight Things

I was tagged by Jenna, who had to have known that I was really needing a break from, well, my impending psychotic break (aka, writing my dissertation).

The Rules: once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to 8 other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they’ve been tagged.

1. I have freakishly small hands (also, if this makes you think of The Kids in the Hall, I love you). Seriously. Small children have bigger hands than I do. I also have stubby fingers (and if this makes you think of Lisa Simpson, I also love you, but not as much as The Kids in the Hall fans...sorry). These hands also have so many creases and lines in them that I'm pretty sure I'm a palmistry expert's worst nightmare (note that you can only see about a fifth of those lines in this picture).


2. I hold grudges. So much so that I haven't set foot in a Walgreen's since...well, today's the 6th anniversary of the day the cashier told me that if I "didn't like (her) attitude, (I) could just shop someplace else." I was completely floored by her vitriol (I still don't know what I did to her, but roommates told me that she was generally not a nice person), and I'm pretty sure I cried once I got home. Damnit, I really loved that Walgreen's, too.

3. I am ambidextrous. But not in the cool way. I'm a righty, but all sports that involve sticks? I play lefty. Batting? Lefty. Golfing? Lefty. Pool? Lefty. I hear that my paternal uncle was the same way.

4. I have no attention span. Or, I should say, I have way too many interests. I could never decide what I wanted to be when I grew up....and here I am at 31 and I'm still not entirely sure...

5. I would pwn the world if they brought back "Name that Tune," though only if they had an 80's edition. My parents had an intercom set-up in the house, with a radio, and being an insomniac as long as I can remember (my mom tells me I was that way from birth), I fell asleep listening to music every night for a large chunk of the 80's.

6. I've always loved the color black. I'm pretty sure it drove my mom crazy when I was in elementary school.

7. I have a degree in Philosophy just because (okay, I did enjoy studying it, but I added that major on a whim).

8. I have a lot of gray hair for someone my age. I blame it on grad school.

Okay, who to tag? I think this has made the rounds quite a bit, so I may not go with eight people. Especially because I am lazy and really shouldn't be spending my night at work blogging and tagging and such.

Amanda, Meghan, and Jory

In knitting news, I am nearing the end of the endless scarf (aka Henry). I'll be doing 6.5 repeats, because I'm about to run out of yarn. D'oh! Hopefully, I'll find the time to finish it by the end of the weekend...this 4-5 weeks to write a dissertation thing is seriously screwing with my knitting time.

8 comments:

Virtuous said...

I am ambidextrous too! But the total opposite of you. I am a lefty, but do anything else with my right hand...cut with scissors, bowl, etc.

Amanda said...

Wacky! I'm not surprised to hear that other people are that way, though.

Adrienne said...

I loved reading this! And I hear you on the Walgreens. I hate them but for other reasons!! LOL

Amanda said...

Yay! I'm not the only one who hates Walgreen's. There was a story in "The Onion" years ago about an old man who was always complaining about Walgreen's, and all my friends sent me the link. Because I am apparently a bitter, elderly man.

Crystal said...

What a fun post to read :)

We are weirdly similar. I have small, uber wrinkeld hands and do all stick sports left-handed. Oddly, with baseball, I want to throw and catch with my right-hand, that doesn't work out so well. And I hold grudges! Boy, can I hold a grudge.

melissa said...

great list!
i especially feel you on #4. i'm 32 and i'm still not sure what i want to be when i grow up. i kind of want to do a little bit of everything.

Amanda said...

Thanks for tagging me, I've been pretty absent from my blog and this pulled me right back in.

With #4, my solution? I'll just never 'grow up' that way I don't have to think about it!

jenna said...

Ha! The idea of a cute little first grader skipping off to school dressed all in black IS pretty funny. :)