Thursday, October 25, 2007

Don't try this at home.

I apologize for my absence. I'm in the last couple months of my Ph.D, and I don't have much time for knitting. Or anything other than writing and model-building.

Here's a snapshot (or three) of my life these days:


Rest assured, I am still knitting, just not as much as I'd like. I'm 5 repeats into Henry now, and I hope that I can finish it, or maybe come close, over the weekend (I'm going to Ohio to visit my family).

It would be really nice to finish something, since this dissertation has a long way to go, yet.

Hopefully, I'll at least have an FO post about Henry before my defense and you'll see other sporadic blog posts before the holidays...

7 comments:

Octopus Knits said...

Good luck with your defense et al.!

Ink and Indigo said...

You can do it! My boyfiend finished his PhD a few months ago, and the relief is overwhelming apparently.

Virtuous said...

Keep working hard!!

Team Knit ! said...

Wow, that's a ton of work/pressure you're under! It's true, the friends I've had who finished their PhDs say that once it's all over, the relief is beyond measure. Except the months leading up to the end are hell (lucky you!). But we're all pulling for you!!

Brenda said...

Hey, I remember that! You've captured the look of many a science PhD candidate nearing the end. Hang in there! Just remember that you know more about your work than anyone else. You'll get it all done. Your margins will be the right width and your table of contents correctly formatted (all the university really cares about). Good luck!

jenna said...

It looks like you already have plenty on your plate right now, but I tagged you...feel free to play along if you like! :)
jenna

itsjustmeghan said...

1. i'm so proud of you...Dr. Amanda. so impressive!
2. do what you got to do
3. your pictures remind me of what i've felt like working all this week. i'm kinda glad i'm not the only one! i'm sure yours is a lot more intense. misery loves company, though! i'm impressed you've been knitting! i can't seem to find time lately....booo