Friday, June 29, 2007

There will be knitting content.

...kind of.

So, months ago, I noticed that one could obtain a "free" (free = shipping and handling fees) Sweater Stone from the manufacturer. Of course, I never got around to sending the check and missed the deadline. However, I must not be alone, since the deadline had been extended another year.

I got my very own Sweater Stone yesterday (took 2-3 weeks to arrive), and test drove it over my L'il Black Riding Hoodie, which was wearing well for the most part, with a couple notable exceptions. The cuffs (which were a disaster), and the underarm area, where it rubs-up against the body of the sweater.

The verdict? This thing is pretty sweet. I took a small furry woodland creature's worth of fuzz off of the sweater. Much easier than the comb I had (which is dead now, anyway, and the pumice-esque coating on it has worn off, even though it had been minimally used), and this thing is gonna last ages. The only problem? It's pretty stinky, what with it being volcanic rock and all (think sulfur). The scent doesn't linger on the garment, though, and the stone itself isn't powerfully stinky. I only detected a scent while I was actually using the stone. The other problem? I have a fine layer of dust on my floor from using the thing. Guess I'll save the vacuuming for afterwards.

Unfortunately, I don't have any pics, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

No finished objects to post, yet, but I'm nearing the end of the Indigo Ripples skirt (which is quite lovely thus far), and have most of a Fiery Bolero knit-up. I'd probably get more knitting done if I weren't obsessing over my hair (caution: girly babbling ahead). I haven't gotten it cut since Thanksgiving last year, I need a cut desperately, and when it gets this bad I tend to want to do something drastic. I'm thinking a pixie cut. Even though, after growing out the last one I had (which was in 1998-99), I made people promise to smack me if I did it again (the grow-out phase was not fun). Nevermind that I wasn't even sure it was all that flattering on me (though my face has thinned-out considerably since then...hooray for aging!). I'll be very surprised if I let it stay longer than chin-length.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you would be adorable with a pixie cut!