Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Wicked.

So, first project post...


Sexy Knitters Club is making Wicked for their current knitalong -- I randomly tripped across the pattern (when I saw the first pictures circulating of the laceweight version, I was less than impressed and promptly forgot about it). Very cute. And right up my alley, given my love of top-down raglans (not a fan of the seaming).

Note: the lighting at my work station is a little odd, so the color in the pic isn't accurate at all. At. All. (it's much more pink and much less violet/blue).



Stats
Pattern: Wicked from Zephyr Style, Size S
Yarn: Malabrigo worsted, 3 skeins (with some leftover) Color: Polygala
Needles: US 7, Knit Picks Options circulars of various lengths (I used magic loop for the sleeves)
Start Date: January 29
End Date: February 5

Modifications
Began collar repeats on a K2,P2 round
Started shaping at 4.5" beneath underarms -- one extra set of decreases
Added extra length to body - probably about 2-3 inches
Made pocket for large sizes, to make up for difference in gauge
Used the sewn bind-off for sleeves and body

I'm really happy with how this turned-out. Fits just the way I like (though I may block it a little longer the next time I wash it), so I'm glad my gauge was a little off. Top-down, short sleeved raglans have got to be my favorite sweaters to knit...though that could be my short attention span talking.

4 comments:

kathy said...

Completely gorgeous! Can't wait to start Wicked myself - I'm just waiting for my yarn to come in the mail.

Amanda said...

Thanks! I think you'll have a great time knitting it...there are so many ways to make this pattern to fit your style/personality.

Rubys & Purls said...

I really like your Wicked. I just started mine yesterday. I am using 100% cotton in violet and so far I really like this pattern/sweater. I think the bigger pocket on yours looks great!

Amanda said...

Thanks, Rubys & Purls! I hope you enjoy your Wicked as much as I've enjoyed mine.